CURRENT & FORTHCOMING AMATEUR RADIO TRAINING COURSES
If you live in or around the Birmingham or Midlands area and want to continue your Amateur Radio hobby with an Intermediate Licence, then why not book now for our January 2013 Intermediate course?
UPDATE – COURSE NOW FULL WITH 7 STUDENTS!
Contact Chris G0EYO on email@example.com for more details of other courses and training.
MORE ON AMATEUR RADIO TRAINING COURSES
Each year the club plan to run an advanced course from September to December each year in time for the RSGB November or December Advanced Exam. Foundation and Intermediate Courses are run from January until August, usually two of each. To see what course we are actually running contact Chris G0EYO firstname.lastname@example.org or keep a eye on the News page of the club’s web site.
- Run on demand. This is normally an 8 week course on Monday evenings, The last Monday evening session is the examination.
- Also run on demand. This is normally a 9 week course of 10 sessions on a Monday evening with two Saturday mornings for the practical assessments, Where students wish to self-study we can also in certain circumstances provide the practical assessment workshop and the examination. The last Monday evening session is the examination.
- Also run on demand. This is normally a 15 week course of 17 sessions, on a Monday evening, with several Saturday mornings and with the examination being taken on a day determined by our national society the Radio Society of Great Britain. Examinations are held every two months and usually commence at 6.30pm in the evening. For our advanced course we aim for the November or December exam but we can provide just the examination facility if students wish to self-study.
Fees include examination costs, free study book, room hire and other club costs. The intermediate course costs also cover use of tool kits and test equipment and materials for the various projects students are required to be assessed on.
- FOUNDATION COURSE £40 or £32.50 if under 18 years of age or unemployed and claiming benefits
- INTERMEDIATE COURSE £50 or £42.50 under 18 years of age or unemployed and claiming benefits
- ADVANCED COURSE £60 or £46.50 if under 18 years of age or unemployed and claiming benefits
If you are interested in any of the above courses then please contact Chris Pettitt G0EYO Training Co-ordinator Wythall Radio Club email@example.com